Summary of Major Responsibilities
The training associate performs the functions of Trainer under the guided direction of the Training Manager or designee. The associate will follow all Exact Sciences Laboratories policies and procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent capture of training and competency. In this position, the associate supports Exact Sciences in ensuring that all team members are trained properly to ensure competencies are successfully met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All assigned job duties are performed according to Customer Care Center policies and procedures.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training exercises to meet training objectives (approximately 25/75 time split between developing and delivering).
- Identifies training needs by assessing overall status of employee and departmental needs.
- Supports Customer Care Center leadership by monitoring quality and performance of new associates in training and provides timely and thorough feedback to leadership.
- Works with leadership to address early attendance and culture concerns.
- Develops and administers written and practical exams to assess trainees' performance (if applicable).
- Stays current with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Attends departmental meetings as needed.
- Responsible for retraining employees as needed.
- Provide additional support within Customer Care Center when needed.
- In accordance with ES Labs record retention policy, maintains accurate records of training.
- Collaborate with other trainers, cross-functionally, to ensure consistency in training and re-training processes across the organization.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute (wpm)
- Demonstrated understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment or call center processes and workflows.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite specifically PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or generaleducational development (GED) with additional college course work required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- One or more years of experience working in a formal training capacity.
- Excellent time management skills. Employee must also be disciplined, self-motivated & reliable.
- Must be able to remain focused on a task and work independently without constant supervision.
- Motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Maintains a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build solid working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify trainee needs and tailor training plan to more effectively present material.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively.
- Ability to respond to new information quickly.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating others, even when not in a position of authority.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 5% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~25% of time; sitting ~75% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position requires work in normal laboratory environment. Personal protective equipment and adherence to Universal Precautions is required while working in the laboratory.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top