Technical Business Associate
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Technical Business Associate position is responsible for learning and developing the skills that will allow them to assist in identifying process improvement opportunities and executing tasks that impact corporate business strategies and performance. The Technical Business Associate may provide support to a variety of laboratory teams including the Billing Team, the Contact Center as well as well as the ordering team. The Technical Business Associate will become an expert level user of the ESL labs interface as well as visualization systems and will need expert level Microsoft Excel skills. The Technical Business Associate will learn and follow all laboratory and contact center procedures and policies and maintain accurate data reporting practices as needed to ensure consistent data presentation. This role will learn and execute excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language. They work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across multiple groups. Finally they must have an understanding of the overall IT architecture of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete orders and results related resolution tasks as assigned
- Utilize trained and developed Excel skills to analyze large data sets
- Visualize data in a way that meets the requirements for assigned projects
- Provides process improvement recommendations as skills develop
- Participates in the implementation phase as needed and/or skills allow
- Support one or more highly complex business requirements, requiring tactical support of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business
- Learns to facilitate writing of functional requirements documentation for sign-off
- May update documentation based on process changes as applicable
- Works independently with minimal direction
- Serve as a project team member
- Other responsibilities include working on special projects with various staff and providing tactical support to cross functional teams.
- Other duties as assigned
Necessary Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Analytical skills, organizational ability and ability to understand business processes
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Associates Degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS or the equivalent of education and work experience
- Working knowledge of ad hoc query tools and general research techniques with technical subject matter.
- Past experience with data analytics.
- Exposure to a hands-on technical role
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top