Technical Business Analyst, Precision Oncology Diagnostics
- Phoenix, AZ
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Technical Business Analyst will work closely with the Lab Informatics Platform teams to define value-driven IT solutions for the laboratory. The Technical Business Analyst collaborates with stakeholders and application developers to collect, maintain, and prioritize the product backlogs. They work with development teams daily to elaborate user stories and their acceptance criteria, and ultimately to verify work generated by the software development teams meets the stakeholders’ requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains on-going relationships with business partners to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business partners.
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change).
- Maintains project requirements according to requirements management plan.
- Supports applications and solutions delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate requirements and validate proposed solutions.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assists in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions.
- Recommends solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis.
- Develops and executes test plans.
- Plans and supports user acceptance testing and user training.
- Creates documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, correction, and objective evidence of meeting requirements.
- Provides Level 3 systems and applications support.
- Participates in system and data triage as necessary.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor and non-vendor-provided programs.
- Apply strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Use excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Apply capability for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of working time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS, Science, or Healthcare-related Science; or High School Degree/General Education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of professional work experience interfacing with customers directly and problem solving.
- 1+ years of experience in a hands-on technical role supporting systems development, systems implementation, quality assurance, or similar.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience leading Scrum teams.
- Experience working as business analyst, quality analyst, or product owner on technology development projects.
- Experience working on Agile development teams.
- Experience working in histology or molecular biology laboratories.
- Experience with laboratory information management systems.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top