Systems Test Engineer II
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Systems Test Engineer ensures that in vitro diagnostic systems designed by Exact Sciences meet design and customer requirements. The Systems Test Engineer uses a technical background in software development and engineering, combined with an understanding of the system design, to analyze user needs, requirements, and specifications to create testing strategies for verification and validation of the system designs. Typical testing techniques include Ad Hoc exploratory testing, manual test case execution, and automated software testing. Test plans and results are documented within existing Software Development Life Cycle and Document Control Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze user needs and requirements.
- Design testing strategies and detailed test plans for functional verification at module, unit, and system levels to ensure that product requirements, quality system requirements, regulatory requirements, and design specifications have been met.
- Document test plans, acceptance criteria and test results.
- Write and execute system and software verification and validation tests.
- Effectively record, reproduce, and communicate software and hardware bugs to development staff and contribute to their resolution.
- Review and author design control documents.
- Work with external vendors to verify and validate software and hardware platforms.
- Contribute to system design history files.
- Troubleshoot system issues and failures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technology field or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience with system and/or software testing.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic fluency in a programming language, preferably C# and SQL
- Ability to develop automated test methods for software testing.
- Strong analytical, investigative and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of regression, black box, white box, boundary condition, performance, and other standard testing strategies.
- Self-directed learning.
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment highly preferred, ideally in medical device.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top