Systems Engineer I
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer I will assist in the development and testing of new and customized software and instruments to be used with in vitro diagnostic tests currently under development. This position reports into the Systems Development team in the Research & Development function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write software to control laboratory robotics and instrumentation
- Write software to collect and analyze data
- Work with assay development teams to integrate software control and instrumentation with assay processing
- Test software, instrument and system designs
- Investigate bugs and failures to meet performance goals
- Assist with design of instrument and software systems
- Prepare and present written and oral reports
- Write and execute formal test plans
- Work with human specimens following supplied training and protocols
Occasional Duties and Responsibilities
- Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrated proficiency outside of classwork in programming of robotic or embedded systems
- Ability to self-train in new programing languages
- Strong observational and analytical skills
- Statistical data analysis using Excel or JMP
- Written and oral report presentation
- Create and document design specifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical science, or related field, with emphasis on control of robotic or embedded systems through software.
- Outstanding academic achievement with at least one year of work or extracurricular experience using robotics or embedded systems.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work at laboratory bench up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top