System Administrator- Cloud Data Center
Summary of Major Responsibilities
This position is focused on providing strategic direction on and execution of infrastructure, security, continuous integration, deployment, and IT operations practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running day-to-day operations of production and development infrastructure for a cloud based hosted platforms. Responsible for maintaining next generation, end-to-end business systems critical to operations across the enterprise. Drive innovation as we continue to leverage cloud-based data center services to enable business growth through robust, nimble and secure technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily operational support for hardware, software (hosted, on premise, and client side) and various other components.
- Manage hardware and software configurations and maintain systems documentation.
- Maintain ongoing portfolio of the enterprise systems updates, enhancements, and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate client "root cause" issue resolution, both software and equipment errors, as identified by system generated alarms or system users.
- Assign and/or update incident severity levels based on business impact and risk during peak business.
- Work directly with technology partners regarding resolution of application bugs and other systems issues, holding them accountable for service level standards.
- Serve as primary liaison with vendors and business stakeholders for all enterprise systems.
- Collaborate with business partners and stakeholders, both internal and external, to research and evaluate new technology and processes to meet current and future business needs.
- Partner with stakeholders, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget, while meeting business needs and deadlines.
- Oversee the implementation and configuration of new and upgraded systems (patches and releases). Run tests to ensure that systems meet success metrics. Provide documentation and training as needed.
- Stays informed of technology industry trends and solutions with ability to analyze for possible application in our environment.
- Work with Information Technology management and staff to develop and maintain standards, processes, and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS or the equivalent of education and work experience, including a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a role focusing on providing enterprise system administration.
- Experience with administrating cloud-based SaaS services and on-premise installs of applications and tools.
- Demonstrated administration experience in Amazon Web Services or other Cloud environments.
- Experience in all phases of systems implementation, including analysis/design, development, documentation, testing, and support is required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to investigate, diagnose, and solve complex problems quickly is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Experience with the following platforms and related systems integration:VMware and/or Hyper-V virtualization technologies
- Linux Server (Ubuntu) administration and engineering
- Configuration management tools such as Chef and Puppet
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top