Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Supervisor Workforce ensures that the Customer Care Center has the right amount of skilled associates in the right place at the right time to handle an accurately forecasted workload at the desired service level and response time goals. This position communicates real time and historical workforce performance results to the Customer Care Center leadership team. They will work directly with associates to provide instruction on appropriate work statuses and behavior in order to achieve our goals. This position will also partner with other operational areas that the Customer Care Center supports to provide guidance on call flows, scheduling and overall achievement of workforce planning goals. This position will partner with the Customer Care Center leaders to schedule off the phone activities at times that will be least disruptive to the achievement of overall service level and response time goals. This position will create and maintain policies and procedures and will partner with the Customer Care Center Managers to determine the most effective method of communicating changes to all associates. If workload warrants, this position may support other functions of the Customer Care Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes workforce management tools for forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting the daily, weekly and monthly Customer Care Center statistics; this includes, though is not limited to call volumes, FTE’s, schedule adherence and service level and response time achievement.
- Oversees all real-time and intra-day activities to ensure operational goals are met. Provides real-time support by monitoring actual call volume to forecast, intra-day interval compliance, real-time shrinkage and associate’s average handle time against goals.
- Throttles the automated outbound calling application to ensure outbound calls are attempted in a timely manner, while still maintaining service level.
- Monitors the work of the outbound teams to ensure we are attempting calls in a timely manner.
- Ensures all required workforce management data is tracked and trended on a continuous basis.
- Produces schedules needed to satisfy interval forecasts and analyzes requests for schedule adjustments and paid time off, maintaining an appropriate balance between business and associate needs.
- Evaluates staffing alignment and makes recommendations to the Customer Care Center Managers for realignment of resources.
- Ensures the accuracy of and tracks and reports Customer Care Center schedule adherence.
- Performs root cause analysis on missed service level and response time goals and forecast variances. Develops and implements action plans to reduce or eliminate root cause and improve operational performance.
- Communicates effectively with business partners and facilitates regular meetings to review planned activities and events that will impact operational results and make recommendations for continual improvement of planning and execution.
- Documents and maintains policies and procedures and partners with the Customer Care Center Managers to communicate information as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Stays current with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance; reports to work on time and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Performs all job duties according to Customer Care Center policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff including but not limited to organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and persuasive skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Laboratory team, clients and associates.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in contact center workforce management.
- Knowledge of contact center operations including telephony and technology utilized to support workforce management functions.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Previous work in a contact center within the health care industry is preferred but appropriate contact center experience in other fields may be considered.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment is preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top