Supervisor, Laboratory Processing - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am shift - $5,000 sign on bonus!
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Supervisor, Specimen Processing is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Specimen Processing Department, including staffing, scheduling, motivating team members, and performance management. The Specimen Processing Supervisor will follow all laboratory policies and procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing. In this leadership position the Supervisor, Specimen Processing supports the mission and vision of Exact Sciences Laboratories, and along with the Specimen Processing Manager shares the responsibility of ensuring the Specimen Processing department operates effectively. The functions of this position are performed under the guided direction of the Specimen Processing Manager or designee.
The hours for this position are Tuesday - Friday from 8:00pm - 6:30am. We are offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for this position!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all assigned job duties following laboratory policies and procedures.
- Oversees the training and competency process for the laboratory. Assists in the creation of department specific training materials and identifies additional training needs/resources, and provides training as needed.
- Responsible for the work quantity and quality of the Specimen Processing department.
- Assigns and organizes work priorities by effectively directing workflow and managing available resources.
- Manages and maintains department schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times across all shifts.
- Works closely with the Specimen Processing Manager and the Senior Director, Clinical Laboratory Operations to manage the department budget.
- Works with management to develop department goals which align with organizational priorities and goals.
- Heads department projects and initiatives, including but not limited to quality improvement, process improvement, safety audits, document development, review and implementation, department inspections and audits.
- Performs all essential responsibilities of the Specimen Processing Lead position as needed.
- Prepares and conducts employee counseling as needed, in accordance with Exact Sciences Laboratories policy.
- Acts as a primary mentor for the Specimen Processing Lead position and as an example for all members of the Exact Sciences Laboratories Specimen Processing Department.
- Attends regularly scheduled and as-needed meetings as Specimen Processing representative.
- Supervise staff including but not limited to organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Ability to empower fellow team members and delegate authority when necessary.
- Manage change effectively as it happens.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Communicate goals so employees understand them and their role in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork. Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication and listening skills.
- Position requires work in a normal laboratory environment. Personal protective equipment is requirement when working in the laboratory.
- Ability to lift and move 20- 40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~50% of time; sitting ~50% of time).
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of working time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and leally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- High school degree/general education diploma.
- 3+ years of work experience in a laboratory or similar environment (i.e. maintaining sample integrity, following procedures and protocols, sample collection/handling).
- 1+ years of experience leading or directing people.
- General knowledge of CAP, GLP, GDP, CLIA, New York Department of Health (NYDOH) and HIPAA.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS in science, healthcare or related field.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top