Supervisor, Laboratory Processing - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am shift - $10,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Specimen Processing Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Specimen Processing Department including staffing, scheduling, motivating, coaching, and mentoring team members, and performance management. The Specimen Processing Supervisor follows all laboratory policies and procedures and maintains accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing. In this leadership position, the Specimen Processing Supervisor supports the mission and vision of Exact Sciences Laboratories, and along with other laboratory management, shares the responsibility of ensuring the Specimen Processing department operates effectively.
The hours for this position are Tuesday - Friday from 8:00pm - 6:30am.
There are openings at 2 locations: 650 Forward Dr & 145 Badger Rd in Madison, WI.
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus is being offered to new hires for this shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all assigned job duties following laboratory policies and procedures.
- Assists and supports the training and competency process for the laboratory; assists in the creation of department specific training materials and identifies additional training needs/resources and provides training as needed.
- Responsible for the work quantity and quality of the Specimen Processing department.
- Assigns and organizes work priorities by effectively directing workflow and managing available resources.
- Collaborates with team supervisors to manage and maintain the shift schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Works with laboratory management to manage the department budget.
- Works with laboratory management to develop department goals, which align with organizational priorities and goals.
- Works closely with the department managers to propose, develop, and oversee projects and initiatives; including, but not limited to, quality improvement, process improvement, safety audits, document development, review, and implementation, and department inspections and audits.
- Performs all essential responsibilities of the Specimen Processing Lead position as needed.
- Performs work on the bench, as needed, to support the workload.
- Prepares and conducts employee counseling, as needed, in accordance with Exact Sciences Laboratories policy.
- Acts as a primary mentor for the Specimen Processing Lead position and as an example for all members of the Exact Sciences Laboratories Specimen Processing Department.
- Attends regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings as Specimen Processing representative.
- Supervises staff; including, but not limited to, organizing and prioritizing work, writing/conducting performance reviews, training/developing, and managing work performance.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring process for Specimen Processing Lab positions.
- Empowers fellow team members and delegates authority when necessary.
- Communicates and manages change effectively as it happens.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Communicates goals so employees understand them and their role in achieving them.
- Motivates and inspires employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintains morale and supports employee engagement initiatives.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Integrity – Acts in a professional manner, takes responsibility for errors and works to correct them, consistently displays a “see it, own it” attitude.
- Teamwork – Contributes to the overall success of the team by supporting, mentoring, guiding, and assisting in any way possible; treats team members in all roles professionally, respectfully, and equitably.
- Accountability – Works daily to meet the workload demands and contribute to quality production.
- Quality - Demonstrates an understanding of the patient behind the specimen, works to produce the best sample possible, follows through on problems and works diligently to fix errors in a way that will not negatively impact patient results.
- Innovation – Demonstrates an understanding of the process and an ability to see and discuss improvements and efficiency gains.
- Supports and complies with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to flex hours and work nights and/or weekends as needed to support the success of Exact Sciences Laboratories.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work in a normal laboratory environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical working day Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3+ years of work experience in a laboratory or similar environment (e.g., maintaining sample integrity, following procedures and protocols, and/or sample collection/handling).
- 1+ years of experience leading or directing people.
- General knowledge and understanding of CAP, GLP, GDP, CLIA, New York Department of Health (NYDOH) and HIPAA.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, healthcare, or related field.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top