Supervisor, Lab Service Engineer - $5,000 sign-on Bonus!
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Lab Service Engineer Supervisor provides leadership support to the service engineering staff. This person is the troubleshooting point person for equipment related escalated issues. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing service engineers during their scheduled shift and ensuring day to day activities in the laboratory sufficiently meet the laboratory’s equipment needs. The Supervisor is expected to spend approximately 10% of their time performing lab service maintenance and repairs in the lab. This role reports to Lab Service Engineer Manager.
The hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 3:00pm - 12:00am. We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this role!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary source of contact for service engineers, overseeing day to day service engineer functionality.
- Conduct routine check in meetings with each service engineer as appropriate.
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to service engineers.
- Ensure ample coverage for day-to-day workload needs, recommending approval or rejection of requested time off.
- Maintain oversight for quality of mechanical work performed and of appropriate documentation.
- Escalate any quality or performance concerns of engineers to management.
- Provide information and suggestions to the appropriate resource to improve company technical documentation or processes.
- Work closely with Technical Service team to provide service requirements and potential operational improvements.
- Assist and coordinate training methodology and training documentation in conjunction with other Engineer leads/leadership.
- Escalate service concerns as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate hand off communication and work completion between shifts.
- Monitor and respond to incoming support requests by cross functional teams, or other communication that require Lab Service Engineers.
- Promote customer satisfaction through problem solving, clear and effective communications, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communication.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Self-motivated and reliable, able to stay focused on a task and work independently.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Other projects, as assigned.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Maintain excellent communication, documentation and teamwork.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 30% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25% of working time via car and/or air. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 60% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 40% of a typical working day.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Electronics, Molecular Biology, or a similar engineering or life sciences degree; or Associates degree in Engineering, Technology, Electronics, Molecular Biology, or a similar engineering or life sciences and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the service engineering or related industry.
- 2+ years of experience leading and/or directing people and/or project teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineer, Technology, Electronics, Molecular Biology, or a similar life sciences.
- 4 years of experience leading and/or directing people and/or project teams.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top