Supervisor, Inside Sales
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Supervisor, Inside Sales is responsible for supervising a team of Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) within the inside sales team. This role is responsible for driving sales and support of Exact Sciences’ products to physicians and other health care providers, via inbound and outbound call efforts. This individual will be responsible for driving quota, support of vacancies, pull through initiatives, and area overlay for the company. The Supervisor, Inside Sales will train, coach, and provide performance management for the ISRs. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Inside Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to supervise Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs)
- Perform day to day coaching sessions, filling out Field Coaching Reports (FCRs), and delivering feedback to ISRs
- Provide ongoing performance management by holding ISRs to expectations - e.g. quota, total talk time, and activities
- Work cross-functionally with other key departments within the company (area managers, national account managers, etc…) to carry out corporate initiatives
- Reading basic trends within our dashboards
- Analyze and manage the assigned team’s sales metrics and call activity, reporting of progress with inside sales manager - e.g. accountable for monitoring outbound call metrics to ensure reach/frequency of calls to ensure account penetration/close
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information (customer insights, market trends & competitive data) is shared, and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines
- Demonstrate effective leadership; drive performance through coaching; motivate & inspire team; provide clear expectations, ongoing feedback and opportunities for continuous development
- Carry out training initiatives
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and promotion material
- Interviewing and selecting highly qualified ISRs to scale or backfill positions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education level
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or customer service role
- Leadership experience with being team lead or project management (managing multiple priorities and resource allocation)
- Demonstrated skillset in effective sales process and deal closure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train and educate others and lead by example
- Proven, effective time management, expense reporting , prioritization and delegation skills
- Effective English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated experience reporting and tracking sales force metrics
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Must be willing to travel as needed for regional or national leadership meetings
- Preferred experience selling, supervising, and/or leading a sales team in healthcare field
- Selling a brand in launch stages
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top