Supervisor, Inside Sales
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Supervisor, Inside Sales is responsible for supervising a team of Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) within the inside sales team. This role is responsible for driving sales and support of Exact Sciences’ products to physicians and other health care providers, via inbound and outbound call efforts. This individual will be responsible for driving sales results within their specified sales region, supporting strategic sales initiatives, and the training, coaching and performance management performance management of the ISRs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to supervise and lead Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs).
- Provide ongoing performance management by holding ISRs to expectations - e.g. team objectives, sales strategy, call activities, selling skills, etc. sales partners (Area Managers, Account Managers, etc.) to carry out sales initiatives.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Perform day to day coaching sessions, filling out Call Coaching Reports (CCRs), and delivering feedback to ISRs.
- Learn to analyze and manage the assigned team’s sales metrics and call activity, reporting of progress with second-line leader - e.g. accountable for monitoring outbound call metrics to ensure reach and frequency of calls to ensure account penetration.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information (customer insights, market trends & competitive data) is shared, and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place.
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and promotion material.
- Responsible for performing regular business reviews and implementing strategic business decisions e.g. targeting, prioritizing resources, etc.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of experience in sales or customer service role.
- 1+ years of experience leading or directing people and/or projects.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience selling, supervising, and/or leading a sales team in the healthcare field.
- Experience selling a brand in launch stages.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Andrea A.Supervisor, Provider Support
Andrea has grown a career at Exact Sciences from specialist to supervisor on the Provider Support team. Her team delivers high quality customer service by assisting providers with product orders and providing field representatives with in-depth answers to questions received in the field.
Alice H.Specimen Processing Lead
As a Specimen Processing Lead, Alice manages and prioritizes workflow in the laboratory in order to deliver quality samples for testing—and participates in the interview and hiring process for her department. Since filming, Alice has been promoted to Clinical Laboratory Quality Assurance Associate.
Back to top