Sr Manager, Nutrition & Wellness
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Nutrition and Wellness is responsible for developing and executing a nutrition & wellness program for Exact Sciences. This position will collaborate across the areas of employee benefits, wellness and food service in order to design programs, initiatives and strategies aligned with Exact Sciences’ wellness goals for nutrition. Areas of focus for this position include education (lunch and learn events, features on employee intranet, guest speakers and posters/other collateral), weight management programs and counseling (individual & group), menu consultation (events, catering, etc.) and input into design decisions for the food service programs at future facilities in Madison, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the nutrition strategy for the overall wellness program and executes against the strategy through direct and indirect leadership
- Delivers opportunities for improvement and maintenance of healthy nutrition practices which are accessible, scalable and impactful to employees (may include introducing a group weight management program)
- Provides guidance to employees regarding nutrition (resources, plans, etc.) and assists employees with resolving questions and issues
- Serves as the point position for menu consulting for all offsite and onsite, catered events to ensure consistency with wellness goals as well as access to healthy choices for attendees
- Partners with the wellness committee and additional wellness resources to contribute to the overall wellness program initiatives across the organization
- Identifies opportunities to develop nutritional/dietary programs as a result of findings in aggregate health risk assessment results (annual)
- Creates resources for employees to use to understand how to make healthy choices in meal planning when using local, offsite vendors
- Interfaces with potential food service, catering and nutrition vendors regarding programs, auditing and reconciliation of invoices to ensure accuracy
- Seeks opportunities to partner with like-minded vendors to provide services related to the nutrition program goals
- Develops educational materials and provides ongoing communications to employees regarding nutrition and wellness through multiple mediums (intranet, live sessions, consultants, e-training and physical posters)
- Continually assesses the best practices in corporate wellness, staying abreast of industry trends and working with outside consultants and vendors to ensure that program initiatives are consistent with Exact Sciences’ goals, culture and objectives
- Provides one-on-one nutrition consulting to employees (as time allows)
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics or Nutritional Science, or related field.
- Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Certified Dietitian in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Dietitian in a combination of clinical, community and/or corporate nutrition.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing direct or indirect team members.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply Medical Nutrition Therapy as prescribed.
- Knowledge and experience in administering nutrition programs for individuals and groups.
- Strong customer service orientation, demonstrated willingness to help and go above and beyond for others (internal and external stakeholders and customers).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be able to communicate in a clear, easy to understand manner and be able to present to groups of people effectively with confidence and strong content delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with employees, vendors and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment with ability to work independently as well as within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suite of Power Point, Word, Excel (advanced level).
- Demonstrated resourcefulness – ability to find sources of accurate information and thoroughly understand a process or product to the point where you can help educate others.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate a telephone system, and a computer.
- Ability to travel between office locations in Madison, Wisconsin (approximately 8 mile radius).
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top