Sr. Director, Customer Experience
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The (Senior) Director, Customer Experience serves as the voice of the customer for Cologuard®, working in partnership with the Exact Sciences Laboratories and Commercial Teams to develop and implement strategies to deliver high caliber customer engagement and experience. This role is responsible for establishing customer engagement and retention through continuously improving patient and provider experience with Exact Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the customer engagement and retention strategy for Cologuard brand and potentially pipeline products, working across stakeholder teams including commercial brand, Exact Sciences Laboratories, and R&D. Leverage relevant market research and customer insights to recommend and refine strategy and tactics.
- Establish alignment of the customer communication strategy and tactical execution to create and ensure consistency across the messaging and interactions that relates to the customer experience. Establish agreements for ongoing evaluation and calibration of communication across teams to ensure continued alignment.
- In partnership with stakeholder teams, transform the infrastructure that supports the customer experience model to enable real time data sharing and better efficiency for users.
- Acquire and use customer insights and feedback to cross functionally work with the manager-lifecycle management, quality, R&D and operation teams to develop strategies to improve the product including guiding and informing improvements in ease of ordering and optimization of the electronic ordering process and EMR integrations for Cologuard.
- In collaboration with marketing analytics, gather, analyze, understand and report on all customer related analytics and market research with a focus on insights that are actionable.
- Partner with the implementation team to create and maintain a customer experience for health systems which helps to maximize their Cologuard ordering potential.
- Using analytics and market research, develop strategies to increase compliance with Cologuard. Partner with the Exact Sciences Laboratories leadership team to operationalize any initiatives recommended.
- Partner with the compliance and legal teams to ensure that all strategy related to customer interaction comply with HIPAA/HITECH and any other regulations that may impact vendor-customer communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (life science, engineering, marketing, business, or related field of study).
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial experience (e.g. consumer marketing, sales, new product planning, reimbursement, etc.).
- Experience with teleservices and infrastructure that results in world class customer outreach and engagement.
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources in a matrixed organization with competing priorities, with or without direct authority or reporting relationships.
- Ability to manage and prioritize strategies, initiatives and workload independently and proactively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional general management and project management skills including coordination, communication and adherence to budget and completion goals, prioritization and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Strong marketing/business acumen and experience managing external agencies.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- MBA, MPH, or MS in relevant field.
- Healthcare (diagnostic/device/pharmaceutical marketing, sales, and/or reimbursement) experience.
- Significant experience in organizations known to deliver high caliber customer engagement and retention.
- Demonstrated ability to present to and influence executive leadership.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top