Specimen Processing Associate- Third Shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Specimen Processing Associate is responsible for the receipt, accessioning, processing, and storage of patient samples received into the lab. The SP Associate performs the functions of specimen processor under the guided direction of the Specimen Processing Supervisor. The Specimen Processing Associate will follow all laboratory policies and procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing.
Hours & Schedule: This position is full time working 40 hours per week on average. This is a shift for 4 days a week Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm to 6:30am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Follows proper specimen identification procedures in the execution of all job duties.
- Performs all job duties according to laboratory policies and procedures.
- Handles and disposes of all specimen following universal precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Accessions and processes laboratory specimen with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, completeness and compliance.
- Helps to manage specimen storage and retention according to laboratory policies and procedures
- Responsible for the timely removal of processing waste from the Exact Sciences Clinical laboratory to applicable disposal locations.
- Responsible for supply inventory and supply stocking. Performs basic maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ability to perform all essential responsibilities of the Specimen Processing Associate position and perform them as directed.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of in shift date.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to type 35/wpm
- Demonstrated basic understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment.
- Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Disciplined and reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~15% of time; sitting ~85% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position requires work in normal laboratory environment. Personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top