Space Planning Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Space Planning Intern will help the space planning team scale up for demand by establishing an Auto CAD Symbol library and help with the integration of the new CAFM system. This position will assist in establishing of a good foundation of tools for the space planning department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the space planning team to create an Auto CAD symbol library.
- Assist in incorporating CAFM system, modify existing ACAD drawings for integration.
- Assist in the planning and execution of personnel, furniture and lab equipment moves and changes.
- Perform space audits and utilization studies by walking buildings and comparing against as-built floor plan conditions and ensuring spaces meet workplace standards.
- Catalogue, evaluate and track furniture inventory. Contact and coordinate donations of surplus.
- Update existing floor plans and correct missing data.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives with excellent project planning and execution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of working time.
- Current student working towards BS/ BA (in junior or senior standing) or current student in an Associate's degree program majoring in Architecture, Interior Design, Facilities or Project Management.
- Experience with Auto CAD.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 3.5 GPA or higher.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top