Software Engineer II
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The software engineer II will be integral to the design and development of software for Exact Sciences. A level 2 engineer focuses on improving software design, collaborating with and mentoring their peers and junior team members, and effectively communicates with other representatives of the business. The engineer creates, tests, and evaluates software applications and systems to make computers function according to specific requirements. This person must be able to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to deliver software products to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster collaboration and improved development processes
- Continually expand skillset through self-driven training
- Design and develop software.
- Test software applications and systems.
- Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
- Analyze users' needs.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
- Convert instructions into computer languages.
- Construct, deploy, and maintain general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Develop packaged computer applications.
- Create customized applications for Exact Sciences business units.
- Develop databases.
- Coordinate the construction and maintenance of computer systems.
- Coordinate department needs and make suggestions regarding its technical direction.
- Set up organization's intranets.
- Design and implement system security and data assurance.
- Configure, implement, and install the computer systems of other organizations.
- Identify and explain needed changes.
- Ensure security across systems being configured.
- Able to organize and maintain flexibility
- Provide support and guidance for peer programmers
- Design R&D prototyping
- Work collaboratively with software testers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Sciences or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with design capabilities using modern technologies as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience working on cross functional teams and collaborating to determine detailed requirements.
- Experience using traditional object oriented languages (Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience using shared repositories and dependency management and build tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common design principles and patterns.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top