Service & Support Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Service Engineer Intern will assist the Service and Support Team with calibration, maintenance and repair of clinical laboratory equipment. This includes both simple and complex laboratory instrumentation. This position is intended to be a full-time opportunity for an undergraduate to obtain hands-on experience in the Service Engineer field while contributing to the daily interactions of maintenance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with performing maintenance and calibration on laboratory equipment.
- Assist with performing hardware repairs on laboratory equipment.
- Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory bodies (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, etc).
- Assist with filing and organizing activities.
- Assist with other support duties as assigned.
- Ability to employ gross motor and fine motor skills during the installation, servicing, and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to use troubleshooting skills to help identify and diagnose equipment failure.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized and able to produce high quality work as a part of a team.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences or Engineering in junior or senior standing.
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Ability to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 40lbs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top