Senior Software Engineer
Summary of Major Responsibilities
A Senior Software Engineer (SSE) will work with Exact Sciences business unit leaders to direct the design and development of software solutions that the enable business. As the senior member of the software engineering team, this person will be responsible for mentoring junior colleagues including providing training and conducting performance reviews. The SSE will assign work and manage groups in an agile, collaborative, and supportive environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all the software systems in the company
- Participate in maintenance of and training of team members in Quality Management System
- Ensure delivery of highest quality software projects on time and on budget
- Lead a team of junior engineers and they have to delegate work to them
- They have to take reports from the team on the work that is done and provide help if required
- Mentor junior engineers to develop their skills
- Facilitate training of junior engineers of the software used in the company
- Conceptualize new software for Exact Sciences with an eye on future needs
- Maintain confidentiality and software compliance standards including system security and data assurance
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation as needed to capture system requirements and communicate system functionality.
- Coordinate the construction and maintenance of computer systems.
- Coordinate department needs and make suggestions regarding its technical direction.
- Design R&D prototyping
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, including data reduction
- College diploma in CS/Engineering/Sciences or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience with senior-level design capabilities using modern technologies
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
- Experience in molecular biology, genomics, translational science, and personalized medicine
- Past experience mentoring junior colleagues or leading productive teams
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top