Senior Research Associate II - Product Development
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Research Associate II works individually or in collaboration with others on multiple projects which are moderate to complex in scope. This position will primarily be involved in developing new products or improving existing products. This is a lead position in the group that will provide technical expertise to other employees at junior levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts bench level experiments within several product or technology areas and identifies problems and discrepancies.
- Plans, records and analyzes results of bench level experiments within several product or technology areas.
- Presents experimental results to supervisor or project team.
- Presents information and updates at project or departmental meetings.
- Contributes ideas to improve team processes.
- Maintains knowledge of technological industry developments that could assist in completion of an assignment or aid in the development of new processes or procedures.
- May attend technical conferences or seminars.
- Provides technical input and participates in decisions affecting project planning and experimental design.
- Operates scientific instrumentation related to performance of duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Prepares reports and documentation providing the analysis or summarization of project status and results.
- Prepares detailed technical protocols.
- Works on individual assignments and with project team members as appropriate to meet department and project objectives.
- May act as technical leader for a project of moderate scope.
- May present findings at scientific meetings or to customers.
- May prepare and/or contribute to articles for publication.
- Supports and complies with the company's hazardous waste management program, including following safe hazardous waste handling practices.
- Effectively utilizes and applies methods or technologies and provides ideas for new techniques, when appropriate.
- Maintains lab notebook in a complete, clear, and consistent manner, following all legal, ISO and QSR requirements.
- Works within project timeframes that are established collaboratively by team members.
- Trains, mentors, and guides junior level research associates.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends on occasion.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 100% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work standing for approximately 100% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 100% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to work with blood, tissue, stool or other human specimen samples.
- Ability to travel by air, both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or related field plus a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree in a Life Sciences field plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Able to organize, present, and convey moderate problems or issues.
- Clear communication with supervisor, team members, and Sr. Management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to interface and work effectively within team, within department, and with other departments.
- Ability to effectively work on several varied projects at one time, with frequent changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Understanding of GMP, ISO, and Quality Systems.
- Extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Proficiency in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office (Word - generate documents and tables, Excel - able to create and modify spreadsheets, create complex formulas, etc.); Email – preferably Outlook; and various search engines for conducting Internet searches.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and mathematical methods in biology/genetics, including experience with statistical software.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Extensive experience working in a molecular diagnostics/clinical laboratory setting preferred.
- Experience using JMP statistical software preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Marco M.Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product. Since filming, Marco has been promoted to Lead Customer Care Specialist.
Back to top