Senior Research Associate I-Cologuard R&D
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Research Associate I works individually or in collaboration with others on projects which are moderate to complex in scope. This position will primarily be focused on research related to product and process improvements for Cologuard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area and identifies problems and discrepancies.
- Plans, records and analyzes results of bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Presents experimental results to supervisor or project team.
- Presents information and updates at departmental and cross functional team meetings
- Contributes ideas to improve team processes
- Maintains knowledge of technological industry developments that could assist in completion of an assignment or aid in the development of new processes or procedures.
- May attend technical conferences or seminars.
- Provides technical input and participates in decisions affecting project planning and experimental design
- Operates scientific instrumentation related to performance of duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Prepares reports and documentation providing the analysis or summarization of project status and results.
- Works on individual assignments and with project team members as appropriate to meet department and project objectives.
- May act as technical leader for a project of limited scope.
- May present findings at scientific meetings or to customers.
- Ability to justify a point of view in a constructive and positive way.
- May prepare and/or contribute to articles for publication.
- Supports and complies with the company's hazardous waste management program, including following safe, hazardous waste handling practices.
- Effectively utilizes and applies methods or technologies and provides ideas for new techniques, when appropriate.
- Maintains lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner, following all legal, ISO and QSR requirements as well as keeping clear and complete.
- Works within project timeframes that are established collaboratively by team members.
- Ability to train and mentor junior level research associates.
- Able to organize, present, and convey moderate problems or issues
- Clear communication with supervisor and group members.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to interface and work effectively within team and department.
- Ability to effectively work on several varied projects at one time, with frequent changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Understanding of GMP, ISO, and Quality Systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or related field plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience, or Master’s degree in a Life Sciences field plus at least 1-2 years of industry experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Working knowledge of statistical and mathematical methods in biology/genetics, including experience with statistical software, such as JMP.
- Experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office (Word - generate documents and tables, Excel - able to create and modify spreadsheets, create complex formulas, etc.); Email – preferably Outlook; and various search engines for conducting Internet searches.
- Previous experience working in a molecular diagnostics/clinical laboratory setting preferred.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to travel by air, both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours a day.
- Constant walking or motion to communicate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to work with blood, tissue, stool or other human specimen samples.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top