Senior Project Manager, Organizational Engineering
- Redwood City, CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for establishing and leading cross-functional strategic initiatives, while working with the business to follow best practices to ensure their projects meet business objectives and are accomplished on time and within budget. This role leads complex projects requiring considerable judgement and initiative. This role helps ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
This position will support strategic business planning, maintain a project portfolio, and manage integrations of new products and processes into the business.
This position will be based in Redwood City, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a project management subject matter expert to directly or indirectly lead cross-functional teams to execute on complex project to include effective creation and management of timelines, budgets, resources, risks, interdependencies, and project objectives.
- Understands implications and interdependencies of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Communicates and acts on opportunities to establish new methods and procedures for projects.
- Follows established project management practices; including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Consults with project sponsors and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding, allotment of resources, and procedures for accomplishing projects.
- Directs and coordinates responsibilities and scope of authority to team members and may act as formal or information project team leaders.
- Troubleshoots problems associated with coordination, development, or design of projects.
- Escalates issues when critical risks arise and maintains pulse with project activities to ensure progress.
- Monitor and prepare status reports on project deliverables and any deviation from project plan.
- Advises on the right level of governance by project and program.
- Coaches and facilitates teams on project management processes, tools, and techniques, such as process maps, value stream maps and root cause analyses.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities within and across multiple projects at the same time.
- Success with oral and written communications/presentations, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix management organization.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
- Ability to travel 30% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor's degree; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of progressive, broad-based project experience.
- 3+ years working in a client-facing project management role.
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Advanced degree related to business administration, organizational strategy, or organizational change.
- 5+ years of experience in medical technology, biotech, healthcare, or related field.
- 2+ years working in a regulated Lab environment.
- PMI Project Management certification.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top