Senior Program Manager (CRM/Commercial Sales and Marketing)
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for program management of software systems and development / software integration related projects with the company’s Customer Relationship Management system used in Commercial Operations and the related data analytics platforms. The Senior Program Manager will be accountable for leading them toward successful completion while providing project/program management experience, rigor, and consistency across the enterprise. This is a hands-on role that requires close collaboration with all levels of Exact Sciences. This person will be responsible for the management of solution implementation with the help of service providers and other constituents that are required for integration with external and internal systems.
We are looking for a Program Manager to implement an enterprise CRM to enable Exact’s marketing strategies that will foster profitable long-term relationships with clients. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading the implementations of the associated data analytics to support the Sales, Marketing and FP&A business units.
In this role, you will coordinate and work directly with our Sales and Marketing directors to implement a new CRM system that will boost our company’s market presence and increase customer engagement. To be successful in this position, you should have solid experience with Customer Relationship Systems, EMR, data warehouses and KPI metrics. You should also be able to identify new opportunities and proactively address stakeholder’s concerns.
The Senior Program Manager position requires an experienced and credible practitioner of project management, capable of delivering and continuously improving foundational project management capabilities while driving healthy change across the IT function with the continued engagement of key stakeholders and thought leaders. It is essential that he/she has experience establishing and or managing change in a dynamic and growing company.
The role of Senior Program Manager incorporates elements of managerial work and technical skill, with the manager directing a team of IT specialists. Further, the Senior Program Manager will have to interface with executive and director leadership on a regular basis, so the art of managing expectations, being succinct and juggling priorities is the key to success. A typical day for the program manager includes meetings with subordinates, general oversight of the IT workspace, and collaboration with other departments to deliver IT solutions to business units. Because of the nature of the department and the type of tasks that are performed, the Senior Program Manager must have an understanding of information technology, computer science, software development methodologies, the software development life cycle, and must also be well versed in management techniques and must have the charisma, communication skills, and leadership ability needed to transform the IT organization to meet the demands of a dynamic and growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project leadership for software development and integration projects.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to define strategy and requirements in order to define and execute IT programs.
- Ability to develop schedules, budgets, risk management plans, quality goals, and lead the team to success.
- Actively participate in design and usability reviews to ensure alignment with stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain detailed program metrics around initiative goals.
- Excellent change management and issue resolution skills with the ability to deliver results.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of the process.
- Ability to drive tough decision making while balancing business goals, technical implications, and timelines.
- Excellent ability to mentor and lead IT program team members.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects including coordination of cross-project activities.
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure functional designs and also assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors.
- Prepare reports for program directors.
- Develop and implement marketing techniques that will drive new customers.
- Conduct market research to follow trends and competition.
- Track marketing metrics and trends, like conversion rates and web analytics.
Minimum Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or the Life Sciences; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years direct leadership and project management experience within the functional area(s) this role represents as well as technical expertise in this space.
- 10+ years of experience working in life science, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or technology environment.
- Strong collaboration, relationship building, project management, and process improvement skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with focus on negotiation/conflict resolution skills.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Strong customer focus with a track record for driving delivery and operational performance improvements across an organization.
- PMP certification is a plus but not required.
- Good organization, prioritization & multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to listen and communicate clearly, negotiate, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries.
- Knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Knowledge of a variety of software and hardware solutions; multi-vendor environments and hybrid environment of on premise, co-located, and cloud based services.
- Understanding and demonstration of the fundamentals of project management.
- Manage teams and operations across functional boundaries, both internal and external.
- Financial, resource, and vendor management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, quality oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate complex information and concepts succinctly.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate a telephone system, and a computer.
- Ability to travel between office locations in Madison, Wisconsin (approximately 8 mile radius) and Salt Lake City, UT.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top