Senior Organizational Development Consultant
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Organizational Development Consultant is responsible for creating and implementing solutions that enhances capabilities, organizational effectiveness and develops leadership strength. The Senior Organizational Development Consultant ensures that initiatives, as they relate to succession planning, coaching and leadership development, are planned, resourced and executed in line with goals and priorities.
Based in Madison, WI, this position reports to the Director of Organizational Development and may lead direct reports and indirectly lead cross-functional team members (through project teams).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with business/functional/site leadership to create and support critical leadership development and succession planning programs
- Partner with identified successors in the creation and execution of customized IDPs
- Create a coaching culture that drives results by building a portfolio approach to coaching (executive coaching, OD leadership coaching, leaders as coaches, etc.)
- Provide professional coaching to mid and senior level leadership via one-on-one coaching sessions, group coaching sessions, etc.
- Identify and maintain key external partnerships to support executive coaching and development
- Report on key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure the effectiveness of organizational development strategies and plans
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or education major or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience with at least 5 of those years in the Human Resources and/or Organizational Development/Learning & Development function
- Previous coaching experience; internal or external to an organization
- Proven capability utilizing a variety of leadership assessment tools (i.e., 360, Hogan, StrengthsFinder, DiSC) and building development plans related to assessment results
- Strong business acumen; including comfort with business metrics, ability to think strategically and take appropriate actions
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable & viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to connect with and engage audiences of differing levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Master’s degree in Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development and/or Organizational Psychology
- Coaching, leadership development and/or professional credentials/certifications preferred; ICF Credential (Associate Certified Coach, Professional Certified Coach or Master Certified Coach)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top