Senior Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Maintenance Technician is responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility related mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, refrigeration, control systems, and equipment located within office, R&D, and GMP manufacturing locations. Additionally, this position supports automated fill, cap, and labeling, conveying, and product finishing equipment from set-up, to change-over and performs associated maintenance and troubleshooting.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 3:00 pm - 12:00 am
An accepted offer for this position includes a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and expertise for building infrastructure, systems, and controls to maintain efficient and reliable operation, including the completion of accurate and up-to-date GMP documentation.
- Provide technical support and expertise for all automated equipment as required.
- Function as primary production line maintenance staff to support automated fill, cap, and labeling equipment by working with the manufacturing and product finishing groups to conduct periodic maintenance and ensure that equipment is operable at all times.
- Provide assistance and participate on projects that involve building system modifications or new equipment.
- Perform work in accordance with practices, priorities and assignments as directed.
- Execute preventive maintenance and demand maintenance tasks.
- Complete all work as required following Exact Sciences, GMPs, OSHA and other Federal and State regulations.
- Perform on-call emergency service as required.
- Analyze, diagnose and repair equipment documenting work as required by the Quality Management System.
- Self-perform all monitoring, repair, and maintenance on all electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems and equipment or coordinate the services of contractors and/or the landlord.
- Conduct building inspections to assess the current operational condition, document findings, and take appropriate follow up action.
- Respond to critical alarms.
- React to loss of electrical power and other utility outages, as well as assist in restoration efforts following weather related events.
- Ensure contractor compliance with EHS policies and procedures, including hot work and lock out tag out.
- Ability to work independently.
- Uphold and role model safety procedures and safe practices.
- Recommend changes to equipment to improve safety, performance, and reliability.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Perform small projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Execute general building maintenance including minor construction activities (painting, wall patching, electrical distribution changes, etc.)
- Must be flexible to changing production needs and must be willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet departmental and company production objectives.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of automated equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and customer service oriented.
- Proven ability for problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Independent self-starter with positive attitude and above average organizational skills.
- Experience working with laboratory equipment in a laboratory type environment.
- Experience with automated packaging and process systems and components, including PLC programming (Allen-Bradley).
- Experience in regulated environment, e.g., ISO 13485, FDA GMP, or USDA.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in developing or managing a computerized maintenance management and building control system.
- Adaptable, open to change, able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
Preferred Qualifications (optional)
- EPA Certification for Type 2 and 3 refrigeration systems.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in equipment maintenance or related field.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in mechanical maintenance or similar program.
- Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, respirator, etc.) and follow safety guidelines.
- Ability to work with hazardous or flammable materials so as not to endanger oneself or others.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, climb ladders, enter tight spaces requiring awkward postures.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis and routinely lift and move 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top