Senior Biostatistician (Clinical)
- Redwood City, CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
Genomic Health, a subsidiary of Exact Sciences is seeking an experienced individual with demonstrated statistical and computational skills to participate in the development and validation of genomic biomarker assays that help cancer patients and their physicians make better treatment decisions. The Senior Biostatistician will collaborate with internal and external team members in the design, analysis, reporting, and publication of studies associating genomic data with clinical outcomes in patients from controlled clinical trials and observational studies in oncology. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing high dimensional data, preferably genomic data, a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in industry or academia, and a good understanding of survival analysis methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs statistical activities in support of clinical studies, including protocol and analysis plan development, data analysis, preparation of final study reports, and publications under the supervision of a more senior member of the functional group.
- Provides consultation to study teams and data management function in the development of databases, data analysis pipelines, and data quality specifications.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data may require the application of complex statistical methodologies. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Performs routine work independently and with general instructions on new assignments. Draft deliverables may be reviewed by a more senior member of the biostatistics function before being shared with other functions.
- This is an individual contributor role with no management responsibilities.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with team members, managers, and customers.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industry or academia.
- Knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics, with demonstrated knowledge of survival analysis methods.
- Effective programming skills in SAS.
- Experience with design and analysis of controlled clinical trials (preferred) and/or observational studies.
- Experience in publishing results from clinical or epidemiologic studies.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Knowledge of epidemiologic methods, oncology, and genomics.
- Experience with clinical trials in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of R programming.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Andrea A.Supervisor, Provider Support
Andrea has grown a career at Exact Sciences from specialist to supervisor on the Provider Support team. Her team delivers high quality customer service by assisting providers with product orders and providing field representatives with in-depth answers to questions received in the field.
Alice H.Specimen Processing Lead
As a Specimen Processing Lead, Alice manages and prioritizes workflow in the laboratory in order to deliver quality samples for testing—and participates in the interview and hiring process for her department. Since filming, Alice has been promoted to Clinical Laboratory Quality Assurance Associate.
Back to top