Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics
- Redwood City, CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics at Exact Sciences reports to the Senior Director, Commercial Insights and Analytics for the Precision Oncology BU and is a key member of the Corporate Commercial Insights and Analytics organization, comprised of the Market Insights, Sales Insights, Data Strategy and Market Access Insights teams. The Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics supports sales force effectiveness, customer segmentation and sales performance analytics. The Senior Sales, Analytics Analyst consults with Sales Operations staff and Sales Leadership on the appropriate data to support business analytics and then leverages that data to lead advanced data modeling projects that guide strategic decision making and uncover business optimization opportunities. Additional responsibilities include figuring out the root cause for inaccuracies and incompleteness and defining process and technology remedies to address issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards that support key business decisions.
- Lead projects using advanced data modeling and predictive analytics techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Develop a keen understanding of Commercial’s sales strategies; including sales force effectiveness initiatives, customer segmentations, affiliations/alignments, engagement activities, and surface insights to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of data and deliverables.
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Interface and collaborate with key partners in Customer Service, IT and (BI) to support project implementations, business process changes, and operational consistency.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders across the Sales, Operations, Finance, Marketing, Product, Compensation, Forecasting and Content teams.
- Structure data sets to support ongoing analytics (these data sets may be in BI applications like Tableau and Wave or in offline tools like excel).
- Drive standardization and methodologies for delivery of presentation output for the analysis and reporting of assay sales and reimbursement.
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of documentation, as required by departmental standard operating procedures and practices, or regulations.
- Promote and develop Salesforce data best practices, guidelines, procedures, and framework.
- Drive the definition and utilization of data management systems and best practice processes and procedures, to support efficient and effective sales and execution.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels.
- Creative and critical thinking aptitude/ability.
- Ability to make and meet strict deadlines.
- Collaborate with all levels of field sales professionals to ensure data/report availability.
- Work with internal business partners ensure data/report accuracy and improve operational efficiency.
- Expected to ask probing questions to gain understanding ability to form lasting relationships with field sales representatives will be crucial.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Bachelor’s degree; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of relevant business experience.
- 3+ years of direct business analytics experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Java and/or Pascal programming languages.
- 1+ years of experience in SAS, R, Python, and SQL.
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization software, such as Tableau, Power BI, Einstein Analytics.
- 1+ years of experience in collaborating with International business partners; flexibility in scheduling to accommodate time zone differences.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experiences in diagnostics, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical companies.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top