Senior Analyst, Business Analytics
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst, Business Analytics will be a cross-functional internal consultant to the business that will work with the leadership team to complete a wide range of quantitative and qualitative analyses to help inform company strategy and run the business more effectively.
This role will support the Analytics and Data Strategy team within the Commercial Insights and Analytics functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the leadership team as it makes key strategic decisions.
- Support fact-based decision-making and measurement of operational effectiveness (i.e., new process operating as designed) and/or economics (i.e., ROI) of company initiatives.
- Build and maintain models to support forecasting, economic optimization, process optimization, and performance management processes.
- Analyze company data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate the market opportunity and/or business impact of new products and/or strategies.
- Liaise with other business units, as needed; including, but not limited to, finance, business development, lab, operations, sales, and marketing.
- Effectively compile and communicate findings to leadership or stakeholders verbally, visually, and in writing.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a matrixed cross-cultural and cross-functional environment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 100% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Math, Science, Engineering, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in the specific business function this role supports.
- 3+ years of direct business analytics experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- CFA, CPA, or similar qualification.
- Experience with data analytics software; such as Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Experience with healthcare operations, pharmaceutical operations, and/or revenue cycle management.
- Working understanding of database design.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top