Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Security Manager will have oversight of all Madison, WI area sites including 24/7 contract security staff, handling and interacting with visitors and unauthorized individuals, customer service training for contract security staff, and assisting in evacuation procedures during the event of an emergency. Additionally, the Security Manager will be responsible for continued development and maintenance of security policies and protocols, as well as security technology and tools. The Security Manager is responsible for developing a security awareness culture through deep employee engagement and involvement that ensures a safe and productive work environment.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Facilities and Engineering and is based in Madison, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous improvement of physical / facilities security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols.
- Perform security and risk assessments of all facilities, including security equipment condition and provide summary of needed improvements to senior management.
- Maintain relationships with state, local, federal and international law enforcement and other public agencies.
- Manage the deployment and ongoing maintenance of security technology and tools.
- Track data, establish baseline performance measures, and report on status and progress towards improved impact.
- Advise senior leaders on pertinent issues.
- Work closely with other functional leaders and contractors regarding security issues.
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage security training with the support of EHS.
- Working with senior management, lead the company's crisis management efforts, including crisis planning and crisis response.
- Lead emergency management and contingency planning preparations.
- Oversee security planning and coverage for major events.
- Develop and oversee programs to address travel risk issues.
- Be a role model in the development of a culture of safety and security.
- Complete required documentation of incidents/situations.
- Provides oversight for security-related projects.
- Coordinates site vulnerability and personnel threat assessments and provides recommendations and onsite support to HR, Legal, and Business Units.
- Coordinates major investigations; engages leadership to implement solutions to internal control issues identified during investigations; provides expert testimony if appropriate.
Occasional Duties and Responsibilities
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proven knowledge and ability to execute the operations, services, and activities of a contracted security team.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment when making decisions.
- Assertive and proactive in identifying and resolving conflicts, issues, and concerns.
- Builds strong relationships – works with others in a collaborative, integrated manner.
- Ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team.
- Proven experience in successful team building and a passion for customer service.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within the Windows environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an emergency.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks, operational demands and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or related discipline and at least 5 years’ experience with a public or private security organization where high-levels of service were a priority; or an equivalent level of education, training and experience.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art security programs and systems; experience with S2 preferred.
- Experience in an FDA, CLIA, or CAP regulated industry preferred.
- Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, hard hat, lab coat, gloves, respirator, etc.) and follow safety guidelines.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top