At Exact Sciences, we are cancer fighters. We are united by our mission to change lives by providing earlier, smarter answers. Through advances in cancer detection and treatment guidance, we will help eradicate the disease and the suffering it causes. A Screening Solutions Specialist (SSS) is a front-line position in the fight against cancer. The SSS will drive product growth of Cologuard in medical practices to meet sales goals within the assigned geography and deliver diagnostic solutions by establishing the importance of Colorectal Cancer (CRC) diseases and screening.
This role aims to enhance customer relationships to drive growth and revenue while enhancing the system of care and deliver improved patient outcomes through integration of Exact Science's solutions. We are Exact Sciences, come join the fight.
This position is field based / remote.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Generate deep insight into local healthcare ecosystems and market landscape in order to identify opportunities to enhance the system of care and deliver improved patient outcomes through integration of Exact Science's solutions.
- Analyze the treatment journey across the local system of care in order to identify account opportunities to work with HCPs to improve clinical decision making and deliver better patient and population health outcomes in the context of EXAS current and future pipelines.
- Build a network of relationships within accounts in order to gain insight into system, customer and patient unmet needs, including clinical stakeholders and administrators, and diligently captures information on customer interactions using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, including point of contact (POC) information, sales call activities, market intelligence, funnel development and other data points.
- Synthesize data from a range of formal and informal sources to understand the evolving and dynamic local care system, leveraging available tools and resources such as Engage (CRM), Excel, Tableau and available research to make data-driven decisions on account potential and opportunities in order to focus effort, including working across the Market team.
Develop and implement business and account plans to increase the visibility and awareness of the Company's products and maximize opportunities and sales growth.
- Create business and account plans based on opportunities to drive acceptance of Cologuard and other Exact Sciences solutions to enhance clinical decision making and the effectiveness of the system of care.
- Lead the implementation of these business and customer plans to devise and implement customer-specific pre-and post-call engagement approaches that evaluate and address customer needs, in collaboration with a range of internal stakeholders including Screening Advocate (SA), Medical Affairs and Marketing.
- Inform, educate and enable target physician and stakeholder groups about Exact Sciences products and value propositions to equip them to make informed decisions about treatment choices and patient resources and highlight the importance of screening to the customer, drawing on approved clinical studies and marketing aids.
- Proactively drives business growth by focusing on customers with highest potential and proactively initiating connections to uncover unmet needs and opportunities.
- Seeks regular feedback from customers about their experience, service, satisfaction and perceived value of working with Exact Sciences.
Leads the successful implementation of account plans through collaboration and coordination with key internal stakeholders to develop and execute strategies, enhance customers satisfaction, improve patient outcomes and business opportunities for Exact Sciences.
- Ensures execution of targeted tactics to deliver business goals in coordination and orchestration with a wider range of internal cross-functional stakeholders, including Account Managers, Area Manager, Marketing, Sales Operations and Internal Sales Support.
- Communicates a clear and compelling description of customer needs and opportunities to internal stakeholders in order to mobilize resources and shape solutions to address current and future customer needs.
- Ensures that the team conducts business to the highest ethical and professional standards, consistent with Exact Sciences guidelines and policies and regulatory requirements and upholding the company mission and value through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality and teamwork.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including strong questioning and listening skills.
- Confident, professional, and creditable presence.
- Strong presentation skills: ability to effectively convey concepts in a clear, concise and professional manner through telephone and face-to-face interactions.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to travel locally on a daily basis, and at times, overnight travel may be required based on the territory and/or business needs.
- Bachelor's degree Sales, Business Management, Marketing or, Science, or any other related field or 4 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of previous sales, inside sales or account management experience OR 1+ years of previous sales experience plus 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting or other field related to the essential duties of the role.
- Background in commissioned, tangible product sales.
- Expertise in computer technology that is specific to sales.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Possession of a valid driver's license; no suspended, revoked, surrendered, invalid, etc. allowed.
- No more than two moving violations, events, or accidents within the last 36 months.
- No alcohol or drug event in which a vehicle was driven by the candidate or employee, including but not limited to Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) failure, refusal to submit to alcohol or drug test, alcohol related suspension, etc. in the last 36 months.
- No other results from the Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check that exposes Exact Sciences to what Exact Sciences deems to be an unacceptable level of liability.
- Ability to meet any requirements set by healthcare facilities for access to those facilities (e.g. vaccination requirements, mask requirements, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 2+ years of experience in sales of medical devices or diagnostics.
- Experience working with primary care physician targeted customers.
- Experience working with primary care physicians targeted customers.
- Ability to listen empathetically, understand information presented by people with different communication styles and different points of view, and mediate disagreements.
- Effective organizational and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work confidently in an environment of complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to create value for others through the presentation of new processes and concepts.
- Able to productively and proactively contribute to a team environment, while demonstrating ability to manage workload and priorities independently.
- Ability to function productively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work on telephone and on a computer simultaneously.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.