SAP Operations Business Analyst
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The SAP Operations Business Analyst provides first level support for SAP users and subject matter experts in the materials management, production planning, quality inspection and sales & distribution modules. This role serves as a liaison between SAP business users and IT/SAP configuration experts, internally and externally. Assists in evaluating, prioritizing and managing changes to the SAP system using appropriate change management processes. Develops and provides training on SAP for users.
Working with the Operations teams to understand emerging company objectives, this role will research gaps in functionality, gather requirements of users and present recommendations to both technical and business teams. The individual will have a thorough understanding of the business processes and flows to enable the analysis of business requirements and the development of solutions for the business functions primarily between Operations and other departments. In addition, this role will be responsible for handling day to day support and daily operations for the SAP platform as it relates to the Operations organization, and will be required to collaborate with 3rd party vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support growing business with SAP enhancements and new implementations including process and system design, integration testing, validation, user training, and post go-live support.
- Support the day to day business with open issues as first level support for end users.
- Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements. Translate needs of the business into applicable system design solutions.
- Perform functional testing of SAP system changes and work with business users to complete and document user acceptance testing.
- Develop and maintain training materials and train new SAP users and increase knowledge base of subject matter experts. Support business users in creating and maintaining SOPs and work instructions required for cGMP processes.
- Coordinate with internal and external technical resources to resolve user issues and complete development tasks.
- Participate on business project teams to evaluate SAP changes/enhancements needed to achieve corporate objectives.
- Strong functional knowledge of the MM and PP processes (Material Master, BOMs, PIRs, Vendor POs, inter/intra company STOs).
- Knowledge of application systems development methodology. The ability to analyze, design, implement, and support applications.
- Working knowledge of SAP configuration in MM/PP.
- Strong understanding of the integration points of MM and PP to other SAP modules such as FI and CO.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems Validation or equivalent best practices and of change control as it relates to application systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, solutions oriented. Ability to work in teams to solve business problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be self-directed.
- Adaptable/flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment.
- Experience in a biotech/life sciences manufacturing environment, preferably in a cGMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Participation in an S/4 HANA implementation as business user, or in technical support role, is a plus
- Knowledge of QM module functionality as business user, or in technical support role is a plus.
- Familiarity with project management processes.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with SAP design and configuration for MM/PP modules, or equivalent business experience (5 years preferred).
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Tools (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and VisioN
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit, or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees in person, via the telephone or by email.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top