SAP Master Data Specialist
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The SAP Operations Specialist is a critical role in the maintenance of master data for Exact Sciences. This position is responsible for supporting existing business and new product development projects by identifying, defining, and cleansing business critical data that drives the planning, manufacturing and purchasing processes. This role is also responsible for documenting processes and developing SMEs within various Operations functional areas, and will support ongoing process improvement projects relating to SAP for the Operations function of Exact Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts cross-functionally with Production, Quality Control, Supply Chain, Planning, Distribution, R&D, Finance, and Quality as the lead resource for the business in defining manufacturing Master Data.
- Serves as the liaison between Operations and Finance in regards to SAP master data.
- Assesses and documents improvements to Master Data Management governance policies, and ensures policies are adhered to across the business.
- Identifies and executes data cleanup projects to improve data accuracy.
- Serves in supporting role of ongoing projects and special projects involving manufacturing processes or systems.
- Provides testing support for new system enhancements and project implementation.
- Documents existing standards and processes as necessary to support training of new employees and development of area SMEs.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and ensure team success.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of SAP systems, primarily in master data maintenance.
- Experience in a biotech manufacturing environment, preferably in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environmen
- Experience with writing SOPs and providing training.
- Technical business user, or support of MM, or PP modules in SAP.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain or IT, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top