Research Associate II - Pipeline
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Research Associate II works on assignments in collaboration with others which are moderate in scope for developing new products. This position will primarily be involved in performing Research and Development experiments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Plans, records and analyzes results of bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Presents experimental results to supervisor or project team.
- Presents information and updates at project or departmental meetings.
- Contributes ideas to improve team processes
- Provides technical input and participates in decisions affecting project planning and experimental design.
- Operates scientific instrumentation related to performance of duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Prepares reports and documentation providing the analysis or summarization of project status and results.
- Works with project team members on assignments to meet department and project objectives.
- Supports and complies with the company's hazardous waste management program, including following safe, hazardous waste handling practices.
- Effectively utilizes and applies established methods or technologies. Maintains lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner, following all legal, ISO and QSR requirements as well as keeping clear and complete.
- Works within project timeframes that are established collaboratively by team members.
- Ability to complete assignments in expected time frame and seek out additional work when assignments are completed ahead of time.
- Clear communication with supervisor and group members.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to interface and work effectively within team and department.
- Ability to effectively work on several tasks with changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or related field with at least 2 years’ experience, or Master’s degree in a Life Sciences field with limited experience.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Basic knowledge of statistical and mathematical methods in biology/genetics.
- Experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office (Word - generate documents and tables, Excel - able to create and modify spreadsheets, create complex formulas, etc.); Email – preferably Outlook; and various search engines for conducting Internet searches.
- Previous experience working in a molecular diagnostics/clinical laboratory setting preferred.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to travel by air, both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours a day.
- Constant walking or motion to communicate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to work with blood, tissue, stool or other human specimen samples.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top