Research Associate I
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Research Associate I works on assignments in collaboration with others which are moderate in scope for developing new products or improving existing products. This position will primarily be involved in performing Research and Development experiments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Records and analyzes results of bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Communicates experimental results to supervisor or project team.
- Operates scientific instrumentation related to performance of duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Prepares reports and documentation providing the analysis or summarization of project status and results.
- Works with project team members on assignments to meet department and project objectives.
- Supports and complies with the company's hazardous waste management program, including following safe, hazardous waste handling practices.
- Effectively utilizes and applies established methods or technologies.
- Maintains lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner, following all legal, ISO and QSR requirements as well as keeping clear and complete.
- Works within project timeframes that are established collaboratively by team members.
- Clear communication with supervisor and group members.
- Ability to communicate project status to project leader.
- Ability to interface and work effectively within team and department.
- Ability to effectively work on several tasks with changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Basic analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to complete assignments in expected time frames.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or related field with limited experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Basic knowledge of statistical and mathematical methods in biology/genetics.
- Experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office (Word - generate documents and tables, Excel - able to create and modify spreadsheets, create formulas, etc.); Email – preferably Outlook; and various search engines for conducting Internet searches.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to travel by air, both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours a day.
- Constant walking or motion to communicate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to work with blood, tissue, stool or other human specimen samples.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top