Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant’s primary function is to receive and triage incoming calls, welcome and help visitors and respond to general inquiries. The Receptionist/Administrative performs general and specific administrative duties including organizing meetings, managing calendars, etc. This position interfaces with senior leaders, directors, managers, visitors and suppliers, etc. to gather and exchange information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive incoming calls, manage minor requests for information/assistance, and route other calls as appropriate.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, may prepare agendas, reserve rooms, and arrange for catering food services.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for department, and other members of staff as needed. May handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Draft correspondence and presentations, types from notes, edits, photocopies, faxes, files, etc. which may be of a confidential nature. May prepare presentation materials for meetings.
- Opens office promptly at designated time.
- Consistently conveys friendly, helpful, professional manner.
- Demonstrates a customer service orientation, treating internal and external customers with world-class service.
- Provides accurate information.
- Proactively manages coverage and priorities (i.e. secures back-up for times of absence from desk).
- Provides back-up support for other receptionists, potentially at different locations within a six-mile radius.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations.
- Maintain clear and complete records as well as follows procedures to comply with all elements of Exact Sciences’ Quality System relevant to the position.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Sort, distribute, and forward incoming mail in a timely fashion.
- Takes outgoing mail out in time for pick up.
Occasional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide backup assistance to other Assistants as needed.
- Must be proficient in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface and work effectively with all levels of the organization, vendors, customers, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously within defined timelines and prioritize when necessary.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ year work experience, preferably in a customer-facing role
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, etc. face-to-face, via the telephone or by email.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top