Quality Engineer III
- Redwood City, CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
As a member of the Quality Engineering (QE) team in the IT Software Engineering department, the QE will play a key role in contributing to the successful delivery of products from conception to go-live with emphasis on software quality for an exceptional customer experience. This role will be involved in all phases of system development, including requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, and support. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand system architecture, design, implementation and possess the ability to succinctly develop the strategy to deliver high-quality results in a time-sensitive environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in requirements, design, and review meetings.
- Execute test strategy, test plan, and risk assessment leading to successful implementation and timely project completion.
- Create, maintain, and execute test cases/test scripts (manual/automated) for the user stories developed to build new features and product functionality.
- Develop test scripts to verify workflow functionality and REST API’s.
- Create and execute SQL queries to verify data integrity.
- Report, track, and escalate anomalies discovered during testing and ensure closure on the issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and effective testing, as part of a regular release schedule.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, or as part of a team on multiple tasks and projects, and quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; inclusive of technical documentation skills.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience with web-based enterprise application testing and technical/domain expertise in CRM solutions.
- 2+ years of experience using tools like SOAPUI, JMeter, Selenium, TestNG.
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience testing web services and/or REST API using JSON/XML.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD framework.
- Knowledge of SDLC processes.
- Experience in SaaS, SaMD, or Cloud environments.
- Experience in SOA environments.
- Experience in working in a regulated environment (e.g., SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, GCP, and/or FDA).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top