Program Manager, Training & Development
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Program Manager, Training & Development will work with the Training and Development team to develop, implement, and evaluate cross-functional training solutions and program development for Exact Sciences Laboratory Corporation. This role will act as a training program design leader, a change agent that drives adoption of training best practices, a visionary for future collaboration between stakeholders and the Training & Development team, and a partner in cross-functional performance and skill development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities, to define requirements for new or updated processes and to drive effective change.
- Directly or indirectly leads cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to deliver training solutions.
- Skillfully defines tasks and the required resources necessary to develop, implement, and evaluate training solutions.
- Identifies risks and opportunities; addresses and escalates as needed.
- Monitors and reports on program deliverables to leadership.
- Monitors emerging learning technologies and trends for incorporation into training programs.
- Innovates and improves upon existing training processes and programs.
- Anticipates future training programs based on emerging need within the frequent and consistent collaboration with internal and external sources is essential to create a flexible learning program.
- Identifies training initiatives by assessing overall status of employee and departmental needs.
- Trending of non-conforming events to target re-training and quarterly competency assessments.
- Collaborate with other trainers, cross-functionally, to ensure consistency in training and re-training processes across the organization.
- Recommends and implements changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Identifies and shares best practices and drives for continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Influence cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization.
- Balance cost, quality and schedule constraints while escalating issues as needed.
- Prioritize and balance multiple competing learning and design priorities within and across multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with oral and written communications/presentations, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix management organization with primary responsibility for success while relying on a team of resources which may or may not be direct reports.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work.
- Inspire and motivate others and work effectively through influence and collaboration.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with customers as well as peers at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Laboratories team, clients and associates.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work M-F normal business hours.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4+ years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design, training or related role.
- 4+ years of experience in program/project management role requiring cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top