Professional Medical Sales Representative - Toms River, NJ
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Professional Medical Representative is responsible for creating and winning Exact Sciences sales opportunities in an assigned territory. The Professional Medical Representative is responsible to establish and continuously develop the relationship with primary customer targets (Primary Care and Family Practice physicians) in their assigned territories and where applicable, work in conjunction with Sales and Market Access and Reimbursement colleagues to gain access to executive-level decision makers. This position reports to the Area Manager.
Video Credit: TheMuse.com. To view more of our content on the Muse, click here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales volume and customer contact targets in assigned territory, driven from both targeted and new customer leads.
- Proactively identify and build relationships with key decision makers in primary target market within assigned territory.
- Create business plans for territory/assigned customer targets including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets.
- Continuously develop and manage a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory.
- Develop & maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through consistent, quality interactions with customers.
- Provide ongoing customer insights, market trends & competitive data to sales, marketing and other internal teams.
- Leverage up-to-date product and technical expertise to effectively present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- Continuously update and validate understanding of customers’ changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges.
- Effectively use sales process and leverage Company resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for Exact Sciences.
- Engage in strategic opportunity management: Represent the company at relevant medical conferences and technical exhibitions to promote Exact Sciences product & brand.
- Leverage other Company resources as necessary (Key Account Managers, Area Managers, Clinical Liaisons, etc.) to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with all Quality, Regulatory and integrity policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education level
- 1 or more years of sales experience in a customer-facing role in a medical, healthcare or technical field; business-to-business sales experience included
- Demonstrated skillset in effective sales process and deal closure
- Proven, effective time management, expense reporting and prioritization skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact
- Must be willing to travel at least 75% within designated territory
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues
- Experience in sales of medical devices or diagnostics
- Experience in a sales role where follow up (not just one-time contact) was necessary to close
- Preferred experience selling in primary care physician office or OB/GYN practice settings
- Experience in a sales role during a product launch
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top