Production Associate I
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Production Associate I is an entry level position and is the starting point to acquire skills and training required for the Exact Sciences Production Operations team. This role will participate in a variety of Production functions which include bulk reagent production and dispensing, label application, and kitting of finished goods. The position will work within defined protocols and procedures with frequent supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform simple buffer preparation and manual dispensing, support Automated Fill / Cap / Label processes, and kitting of finished goods. Participate in Hb Plate manufacture, complex buffer manufacture, and label printing.
- Assist in improvement efforts, through the Change Request / Change Order process, or via other means.
- Assist in generating Nonconforming Material Reports, Change Orders, Out of Specifications, Investigations, and Corrective Actions including any deliverables associated with these items.
- Support inventory management via KANBAN system for raw materials, intermediates, disposables and spare parts related to the Production areas.
- Assist in other Production support activities, such as cleaning of Production laboratory spaces.
Occasional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with continuous improvement projects and support other area needs dependent on demand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate work with other teams.
- Ability to follow written procedures with direction.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail necessary in a GMP environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of simple laboratory tasks.
- Ability to perform daily work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner.
- Ability to cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision.
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete work in expected time frames.
Preferred Qualifications (optional)
- Experience following standard operating procedures.
- Good documentation practices, cGMP experience preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associates’ degree in Life Sciences, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-1 years’ experience in a relevant manufacturing setting. Experience in a GMP environment preferred.
- General laboratory equipment experience.
- Experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to utilize lab equipment and moving machinery for extended periods of time (includes pipetting, traying robots etc.).
- Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, beard nets, hair nets, booties, hearing protection, etc.) and follow safety guidelines while in the lab etc, for extended periods of time
- Ability to work at a laboratory bench or fume hood for extended periods of time.
- Working in a lab environment will require working with skin irritants, lung irritants, electrical equipment, sharp instruments, toxic materials, and hazardous waste.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel (by land) on occasion.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with employees.
- Ability to perform fine manipulation and simple grasping using hands for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Regularly sets up, adjusts, assembles, controls, tests, positions and operates objects and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top