Network Engineer II � Unified Communications
- Redwood City, CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Network Engineer II position is designed for persons with at least five years of experience working within the Cisco-based networking field. This position supports the hardware and software inclusive of the local, metropolitan, and wide-area networks. The position is responsible for problem resolution, general support, and leads projects related to the network infrastructure of Exact Sciences, its partners, and affiliates. The Network Engineer II will act as a key technical resource for third-level support and will work both independently and as part of a team in a department with a strong customer service focus. This position participates in, and often leads both design and implementation of solutions within the entire network engineering technology stack and provides input to management regarding process and technological improvements.
This role will have the primary responsibility of supporting the Unified Communications environment for the entire Exact Sciences enterprise network. This encompasses Cisco Unified Communications Manager as well as Microsoft Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams voice services. The role be second level support for device provisioning while holding primary responsibility of enterprise wide application management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under general guidance, design, develop, install, support, and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices; including routers, switches, wireless access points, wireless controllers, and firewalls.
- Diagnose problems and lead issue resolution, often under time constraints.
- Provide significant input into designing and implementing the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Ability to understand complex network environments.
- Ability to develop and follow effective test plans.
- Ability to create an enterprise class network design when given business requirements.
- Monitor network usage to proactively anticipate problems and suggest possible solutions.
- Ensure enterprise class solutions are continuously provided by designing and implementing resilient, reliable, and documented systems that are appropriately supported.
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and procedures.
- Remain current on emerging technologies via professional groups, trade magazines, internal and external training, independent research and study, and other avenues available.
- Play a critical role in planning future business systems improvements.
- Willingness to learn, along with the ability to take and provide direction, and work collaboratively as part of a team that is geographically diverse.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex environment.
- Ability to build consensus across functions.
- Willingness to regularly work outside of normal business hours, when required, for support and implementations.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a 10-foot ladder.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 100% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field; or Associates degree and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows, Mac, and iOS systems.
- 3+ years of experience working in Cisco based technology stack.
- 3+ years of experience configuring and supporting an EIGRP based network.
- 3+ years of experience with network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, authentication, and authorization technologies.
- Ability to describe, in detail, a broad range of application transport and network protocols; including SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, CAPWAP, STP, SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, SNMP, NAT, LDAPS, OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Ability to describe, in detail, the OSI Model.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in Cisco based technology stack.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- 2+ years AWS experience with EC2 based appliances.
- 1+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Skype For Business.
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft Teams.
- 1+ years of experience provisioning SIP trunks on any platform.
- CCNP, CCVP, or MSCE Communication certification.
- Strong oral, written, communications, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top