National Account Manager - Tennessee
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The field-based National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for expanding patient access to Cologuard® by forming partnerships within local and regional health systems. The NAM will drive adoption of Cologuard in IHNs, large group practices, IPAs, hospitals, academic institutions, etc. through the development of relationships, securing Cologuard on clinical guidelines/policy, facilitating cross-functional implementation and leading collaborative field pull through activity planning (including sales, education, marketing, etc.). Within the assigned accounts, the position will have ownership and accountability for achievement of Cologuard sales.
The position will partner cross-functionally within the internal organization (IT, project management/implementation, billing, operations, field sales, etc.) to execute pull through plans and serve as the customer-facing leader for assigned regional accounts.
Travel is required at least 50-60% within region and at requested times, outside of incumbent’s region to provide national support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate market opportunities (health systems, hospitals, academic institutions, etc.) to identify targeted accounts (# of PCPs, # of patients of screening age, # of covered lives, etc.).
- Targets, closes for adoption & access, and coordinates pull-through of regional health systems.
- Accurately forecast sales volumes in conjunction with RBD for assigned accounts based on pull through programs and market forces.
- Responsible for identifying and developing long term regional partnerships in order to add Cologuard to the lab menu as a send out test.
- Monitor product utilization, penetration, velocity and other key performance metrics within assigned accounts in conjunction with Account Representative team to influence pull through.
- Influencing teaching hospitals and instilling Cologuard as a screening option within medical education.
Business Development & Planning
- Responsible for the development and execution of business plan to drive acceptance of Cologuard within assigned accounts and geographies.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities within regional health systems, hospitals, academic institutions, etc.
Communication & Teamwork
- Coordinate with RBD, AM, and MAM on business opportunities within regional accounts.
- Support managed care team efforts to attain positive coverage position with local payers, including those owned by IDN or group practices.
- Ownership of pull through plans for assigned accounts and the coordination of resources such as field sales and internal sales colleagues.
- Represent the customer voice to internal stakeholders including marketing, sales operations, account representatives and other internal sales support functions.
- Maintain accurate and complete account profiles, call notes and histories.
- Identify and utilize company resources to provide the technical, clinical and business expertise to deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in successfully navigating access and selling health systems, hospitals, and academic institutions.
- At least four years of sales and/or marketing experience in the healthcare space, such as the diagnostic, surgical or pharmaceutical verticals, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibilities or scope.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, and effective account management.
- Must be self-directed; acting as a change agent and as such have results orientation, with an ability to work independently and make decisions in a dynamic environment dealing with internal and external issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage time and multiple projects across an array of customer types.
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas and evidence-based scientific and economic data to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Willingness to travel at least 50-60% of time.
- Experience in business development with a proven track record of success.
- Experience in contracting and negotiations, and able to manage the contracting process.
- Experience in the laboratory industry and/or gastroenterology and molecular diagnostics.
- Experience in project management with strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in team environment to achieve success
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top