National Account Manager - CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The field-based National Account Manager is responsible for expanding patient access to Cologuard® by forming partnerships within local, regional, and national health systems. Health system accounts will include health systems, ACOs, and other local and regional systems. The National Account Manager develops and manages relationships with the executive-level decision makers for key regional systems to add Cologuard to their menu as a send out test. Within the assigned accounts the position will have ownership and accountability for achievement of Cologuard sales. The position will also indirectly drive strategies and tactics through the customer partnership strategy in other alternate channels (employers, retail, etc.) to help meet and exceed sales and overall corporate business objectives.
The position will partner cross-functionally within the internal organization (IT, project management/implementation, billing, operations, etc.) to execute pull through plans and serve as the customer-facing leader for assigned accounts. The position reports directly to the Associate Director, National Account Manager.
Travel is required at least 50-60% within region and at requested times, outside of incumbent’s region to provide national support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying and developing long term partnerships in order to add Cologuard to the lab menu as a send out test.
- Accountable for achievement of Cologuard sales through assigned Health Organization Accounts and other alternate channels developed through client agreements within assigned region.
- Accurately forecast sales volumes for assigned accounts based on pull through programs and market forces.
- Monitor product utilization, market share and other key performance metrics within assigned accounts.
Business Development & Planning
- Responsible for the development and execution of business plan to drive acceptance of Cologuard within assigned accounts and geographies.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities within laboratories, hospitals, and other alternate channel accounts.
- KOL Development in coordination with Medical Affairs
- Complete monthly to quarterly business reviews with targeted accounts
Communication & Teamwork
- Ownership of pull through plans for assigned accounts and the coordination of resources such as field sales and internal sales colleagues.
- Represent the customer voice to internal stakeholders including clinical, legal, sales, finance, marketing, laboratory and operations.
- Maintain accurate and complete account profiles, call notes and histories.
- Identify and utilize company resources to provide the technical, clinical and business expertise to deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least six years of sales and/or marketing experience in the healthcare space, such as the diagnostic, surgical or pharmaceutical verticals, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibilities or scope.
- Minimum of one year of sales experience must be in successfully navigating access and selling health systems, hospitals, and academic institutions.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, and effective key account management.
- Must be self-directed; acting as a change agent and as such have results orientation, with an ability to work independently and make decisions in a dynamic environment dealing with internal and external issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage time and multiple projects across an array of customer types.
- Must have high learning agility and cross functional leadership experience
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas and evidence-based scientific and economic data to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Willingness to travel at least 50-60% of time.
- Experience in leading and managing people
- Experience in business development with a proven track record of success.
- Experience in contracting and negotiations, and able to manage the contracting process.
- Experience in the laboratory industry and/or gastroenterology and molecular diagnostics.
- Experience developing strategies within alternate channels including payers.
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top