Medical Writer & Content Manager
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Medical Writer & Content Manager will work with Medical Affairs colleagues, cross-functional teams, and external partners to oversee the development, monitoring, reviewing, and submission of all medical content publications relevant to Exact Sciences, Cologuard, and the company’s pipeline. This individual will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to develop programs and services related to content and publications that support and enhance the objectives of Cologuard’s evidence generation and publication plan. He/she will also bring expertise and innovation to the commercial team and be relied upon across the company to interpret critical studies or reports, and efficiently and succinctly circulate the key findings.
Reports to the Senior Manager of Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of existing products and pipeline technologies and be relied upon across the company to communicate scientific content and serve as an internal subject matter expert.
- Support the ongoing evolution and execution of the evidence generation and publication plan, including relevant resources
- Manage cross functional efforts and external customers, including but not limited to vendors, authors, publishers, etc.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs colleagues and work cross functionally with commercial team and other internal stakeholders such as Marking, Corporate Affairs, Research & Development, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs
- Manage, maintain, and update product Dossiers beginning with the Cologuard Dossier.
- Develop and continually maintain accuracy of Medical Affairs information databases/libraries relevant to existing products and pipeline technologies, including but not limited to publications, articles, guidelines, and other references.
- Devise systems for coordinating access to information databases and publication libraries and communicating content updates
- Manage a best practice to conduct real-time literature and web searches and lead the writing and internal circulation of succinct, accurate summaries of new studies and reports
- Assist with development of abstracts, posters, newsletters, manuscripts, and web content including creating, editing, and submitting content to scientific conferences and publishers
- Coordinate and manage document review cycles, incorporate team comments, and lead discussions on document revision and finalization
- Accurately forecast project timelines and execute upon them; proactively communicate setbacks or delays to all relevant parties, as required
- Work closely with clinical and regulatory affairs to ensure documents are in compliance with government policies, procedures and regulations
- Effectively communicate and disseminate pertinent and new information to internal and external customers
- Perform on-line literature searches and pro-actively identify developing reports or studies
- Monitor competitive activity related to scientific platforms and publications
- Stay informed of market trends and activity
- Assist in the development and maintenance of writing tools, such as templates and style manuals
- Bachelor’s degree in health science or related field
- 5 years of relevant post-undergraduate experience
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Superb attention to detail, notably through succinct, high-quality writing and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in teams
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience in managing external vendors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and executive-level engagement
- Experience in working with healthcare professionals in a support or consulting capacity
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, Endnote, and PowerPoint
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Educational background/experience in communications/journalism
- Experience working in a medical affairs capacity at a healthcare or life sciences company or consultancy
- Knowledge of FDA and ICH guidelines, Good Publication Practices, and ICJME guidelines
- Experience writing and editing on Wikipedia platform
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and statistics
- Experience with working in health care industry with colorectal cancer focus
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers
- Ability to lift and move up to 15 pounds on an occasional basis
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top