Medical Science Liaison - IL
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Medical Science Liaison functions as a field-based member within the Medical Affairs department. This regional position may require up to 4 days of field travel per week with 1 day spent in a home office. The travel is within a defined geographic region, but occasionally additional travel may be necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsiblity of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to provide education and subject matter expertise support to the following Exact Sciences' strategic initiatives:
- Become proficient in and demonstrate ability to understand the major data sources (clinical trials, studies, published reports, etc.) relative to the use of Exact Sciences’ products.
- Support healthcare providers by offering clinical and scientific information that helps guide medical decisions.
- Support health systems, population health leaders, and medical quality professionals by offering clinical, public health, medical quality, and other scientific information to help guide medical decisions.
- Delivery clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare providers, health systems and medical group leadership, and community/advocacy groups.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing corporate departments and field sales teams to create and implement educational strategies for key clients.
- Provide insight into market trends and competition.
- Builds relationships and assists in the development of key opinion leaders as potential speakers and collaborators for Exact Sciences.
- Builds relationships with key decision makers in health systems, medical groups, healthcare provider offices, state departments of public health, advocacy organizations, and national/regional professional societies.
- Collaborates with the Medical Affairs leadership in the development of key opinion leaders.
- Collaborate with clients and thought leaders on a national, regional and local level to develop clinical insights that support medical research associated with new and existing products.
- Supports implementation team as needed.
- Collects and reports market information within company guidelines.
- Provides Clinical Affairs team with recommendations on investigator and site selection for future trials and studies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within Exact Sciences (e.g., Marketing) to supply clinical content for future growth.
- Provides insights to Sales Force Effectiveness team regarding opportunities for updates and improvements in sales force training.
- Attend regional and national tradeshows, symposia, and scientific/clinical meetings.
- Identify local/regional educational events such as patient education events and CME events.
- Manage time and travel expense budget for scientific exchange and clinical education activities within dedicated regions.
- Master’s degree in a relevant health professions/sciences or related field (biotechnology, biology, any clinical sciences leading to necessary skills) is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in healthcare or medical technology fields with Medical Affairs or similar industry experience.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on producing high quality work.
- Strong verbal and written communication; public speaking skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Willing to travel within a defined geographic region.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issue.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant health sciences or related field (PharmD, PhD, MD) is preferred.
- Experience in public health, population health management, health insurance, and medical quality.
- Experience with screening and wellness programs is strongly desired.
- An in-depth knowledge of the health care market as well as experience with clinical trials is a plus.
- Experience with working with and/or for advocacy groups and professional societies.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for an extended period.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to constantly move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally. Ability to travel via automobile, airplane or other mode of commuter transportation approximately 60% of the time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, etc. face-to-face, via the telephone or by email.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top