Materials Management Associate I - 2nd Shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Materials Management Associate I will assist in a variety of tasks including materials cycle counting, SAP Inventory management, internal inventory requests, shipping and receiving of materials, and distribution of goods and supplies. The position will work within defined protocols and procedures and may assist in developing and documenting new procedures for material management. The Materials Management Associate I will also provide support to ongoing process and procedure improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Labels and packages materials following approved procedures.
- Receives, verifies, inspects and inventories incoming materials.
- Facilitates shipment of outgoing materials or products.
- Maintains inventory and associated records for raw materials, intermediates, disposables and spare parts.
- Prepares quality records as directed by standard operating procedures or experimental plans.
- May initiate Non-Conforming Materials Report (NCMR) in Agile or Non-Conforming Events (NCE) in tracking program.
- Supports and complies with the company's safety and environmental health procedures.
- Supports investigations associated with process improvements, manufacturing failures or field complaints.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Safely and accurately handles products using material handling equipment according to company SOP’s and safety and environmental health procedures.
- Stages materials for use in the lab where possible.May help with development, warehouse organization and restocking policies and plans.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal direction.
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail necessary in a GMP and CAP environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with database, spreadsheets, and statistical programs.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing work environment with rapidly changing needs and requests.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Ability to drive a battery-operated forklift or other equipment as indicated by the Supervisor.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Experience using SAP inventory management system or similar systems.
- Experience in regulated environment, especially laboratory, health care, or FDA manufacturing
- Experience with Material Handling and Inventory control.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to work with hazardous or flammable materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion.
- Ability to lift and move up to 70 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Regularly sets up, adjusts, assembles, controls, tests, positions and operates objects and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to work at elevated heights.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Some travel maybe required.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top