Marketing Manager – Healthcare / Physician
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager drives healthcare professional marketing efforts for Cologuard and determines the optimal promotional strategy and tactical mix for the brand through the field sales organization. This role is responsible for developing and ensuring functional alignment for the promotional strategy, field force targeting, and field-executed marketing programs for Cologuard. The Marketing Manager is also responsible for collaborating with Sales Training and Sales Force Effectiveness to ensure that the inside and outside sales teams demonstrate the necessary competencies and are targeting the appropriate providers to ensure achievement of their revenue targets. The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding collaboration and project management skills including the ability to manage without authority, communicate effectively with field-based teams and external agency partners, as well as manage budgets.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead marketing strategy and tactics for personal promotion through the field sales force. Collaborate closely with the sales organization, especially Sales Force Effectiveness and field leaders, to identify sales force messaging and training needs. Develop and execute solutions to help the organization effectively drive healthcare provider awareness and conversion to Cologuard.
- Partner with Sales Force Effectiveness and Sales Training teams to ensure that the inside and outside sales teams demonstrate the necessary competencies and are targeting the appropriate providers to ensure achievement of their revenue targets.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of external agency partners to develop and execute personal promotional tactics. Provide strategic, customer-centric, relevant, timely, and constructive feedback during development.
- Collaborate with Commercial Analytics team to ensure appropriate analytical plans are developed and executed to determine optimal sales force targeting and measurement of promotional program effectiveness, efficiency, and ROI. Support key longitudinal quantitative studies (ie, “attitudes, awareness, and usage” survey and “sales force effectiveness” survey); attend presentations, interpret findings, and socialize results and implications.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs and Market Access to implement field sales training, communications, and other tactics (ie, clinical, market access, or billing-related collateral or tools).
- Build strong relationships with and seek feedback from field sales teams to incorporate their insights and needs into messaging, training, and tactical plans. Manage “marketing inquiries” inbox and lead discussions with sales advisory councils. Attend customer meetings in the field at least quarterly.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (life science, engineering, marketing, business, or related field of study)
- Minimum of five to six years of commercial experience (e.g. marketing, sales, new product planning, reimbursement, etc.) working in or closely with a direct sales force
- Ability to motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources in a matrixed organization with competing priorities, with or without direct authority or reporting relationships
- Ability to manage and prioritize strategies, initiatives and workload proactively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional project management skills including coordination, communication and adherence to budget and completion goals, prioritization and troubleshooting
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Strong marketing/business acumen and experience managing external agencies
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations with some direction and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- MBA or MS in relevant field
- Diagnostic/device/pharmaceutical marketing, sales, and/or healthcare reimbursement experience
- Previous experience with continuous improvement, lean, or six sigma initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to present to and influence senior leadership (VP level)
- PMP Certification or project management experience
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top