Manager, IT Service
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The IT Service Manager is responsible for tracking and reporting on Incidents, Problems and user Requests to ensure service level compliance, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement of service delivery. This individual will provide leadership to the Service Desk, leveraging best practices according to the ITIL framework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and reports on the performance of service desk activities and identify areas of improvement.
- Works in conjunction with other IT support functions to devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of IT support services.
- Develops and maintains support documentation in a central knowledge repository (ServiceNow).
- Provides leadership, training and mentoring for the Service Desk team.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by successfully managing to service level targets, reviewing and responding to user feedback (surveys) and identifying and recommending areas of improvement.
- Identifies, recommends, and creates end user communication to improve technical competency and self-sufficiency.
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of high and critical priority incidents, technical and business communication on outages.
- Identify problem areas from reoccurring incidents and drive resolution or work around.
- Manages the life cycle of Problem records from Incident to root cause investigation. Owning the process of seeing this through to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Possess customer service skills and experience working directly with stakeholders, customers, and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, or related field or equivalent IT management experience.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience with Incident, Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience both within a process area and IT Service Management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time, while still being a part of a high-performance team.
- Proficient in tools relating to the management of Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge Management and reports.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of applications and infrastructure components.
- Ability to work in challenging and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement.
- Works independently with little oversight and direction.
- Ability to use data-driven techniques, analyze and interpret data.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM stages, including but not limited to: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Catalogue Management, Availability Management, Continuous Improvement, Service reporting and KPIs.
- Experience with using the ServiceNow ITSM platform.
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Information Security and Technical Privacy.
- Extensive background in measurements of IT, services, deliverables and inputs.
- ITIL Foundation certification, with preference for advanced Intermediate certification in ITIL's Service Operations or Operational Support and Analysis certification.
- Proficiency in relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top