Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician will perform general repairs and preventative maintenance primarily at Exact Laboratories but will also include working at Exact Corporate facilities as the need arises. Repairs and maintenance will be coordinated with the Senior Facilities Manager and the Facilities Coordinator. Supported systems and equipment may include facility related mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, refrigeration, control systems, and equipment located within office, R&D, GMP and Clinical locations. The Maintenance Technician will also provide support to ongoing process and procedure improvement. The Maintenance Technician may also assist in a backup capacity to the Senior Maintenance Technician in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, repairs and maintenance and assisting with projects and on-call coverage. The position will work within defined procedures and may assist in developing and documenting new procedures. The Facilities Technician will report to the Senior Manager of Facilities.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 3:00 pm - 12:00 am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the facility and utility systems including: electrical distribution, plumbing, HVAC, compressed air systems, fire and life safety system and emergency power.
- Monitor and respond to facility system alarms following proper procedures.
- Communicate facility and safety related issues that arise from daily operations to the Facilities Manager and/or EHS Manager to coordinate with internal customers, property owner and/or outside vendors.
- Assist Facilities Manager to manage spare parts for facility utilities and additional facility supplies as needed to minimize downtime.
- Respond to and support/address emergency facility issues outside of normal work hours.
- Enter, prioritize and complete work orders in a CMMS system.
- Complete misc. facility projects including furniture/employee moves, lab equipment moves, mounting and hanging fixtures/art, remodeling and other facility improvements.
- Execute preventive maintenance and demand maintenance tasks with proper documentation and closure.
- Conduct building inspections to assess the current operational condition, document findings, and take appropriate follow up action following applicable procedures.
- React to loss of electrical power and other utility outages, as well as assist in restoration efforts following weather related events.
- Ensure contractor compliance with EHS policies and procedures, including hot work and lock out tag out.
- Ability to work independently.
- Follow safety procedures and conduct safe work practices.
- Recommend changes to equipment and facility infrastructure to improve safety, performance, and reliability.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Serve as backup to Senior Maintenance Technician for general tasks.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) with additional college course work preferred.
- At least five years of experience working in a facility or building maintenance setting.
- Experience in facilities management in a regulated environment, especially laboratory, health care or FDA manufacturing.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures (SOPs) with some direction.
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail necessary in a GMP environment.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ware withal to communicate concerns or issues to leadership.
- Ability to perform basic facility repairs related to electrical, plumbing systems, HVAC, compressed air systems and other related facility systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot utility systems.
- Experience working within a laboratory type environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing work environment with rapidly changing needs and requests.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and experience with facilities related software.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues.
- Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, respirator, steel toed shoes, hard hats etc.) and follow safety guidelines.
- Ability to work with hazardous or flammable materials so as not to endanger oneself or others.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, climb ladders, enter tight spaces requiring awkward postures.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis and routinely lift and move 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include but are not limited to close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top