Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Legal Intern will assist the Legal team with corporate, contract and compliance matters. The position is intended to be a part-time opportunity in the spring semester and then full- time in summer for a law student to obtain hands-on legal experience in a corporate setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in contract drafting for the company.
- Assisting in management and administration of the company’s contracts database.
- Research and develop content for compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Other legal projects as needed.
- Proficiency with basic software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously within defined timelines and prioritize when necessary.
- Current enrolled in a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) program
- Ranked in the top 1/2 of class
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Ability to left and move up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top