Laboratory Processing Workflow Coordinator - Tuesday - Saturday, 9:30am - 6:00pm shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
This role, known internally as the Specimen Processing Workflow Coordinator, performs the functions of Specimen Processing under the guided direction of the Specimen Processing Supervisor, Lead or designee. The Specimen Processing Workflow Coordinator follows laboratory policies and procedures and maintains accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing. In this support position the Specimen Processing Workflow Coordinator ensures daily lab operations are effective and efficient by providing direction and guidance to employees during their assigned duty station.
The hours for this position are Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30am - 6:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All assigned job duties are performed following laboratory policies and procedures.
- Ensures prompt, accurate and timely processing and delivery of all patient specimens.
- Handles and disposes of all specimen following universal precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Assists the lead and supervisor by assisting coworkers when needed by answering questions, following up on concerns and providing guidance to coworkers.
- Maintains accurate records of problems and problem resolution related to specimen processing, inventory and equipment.
- Assigns and organizes work priorities within the department utilizing support of Specimen Processing Associates and Specialists.
- Responsible for creating daily and weekly team schedules including, but not limited to, break schedule, bench schedule, continuing education schedules, team meeting scheduling, accession batch management
- Manage incoming sample volume including batch time and status of incoming kit walk in refrigerator.
- Assures the work quantity and quality of the Specimen Processing department by effectively directing workflow and managing available resources.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of hire date.
- Work flow coordinators will dedicate approximately 75% of their time working on the bench.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~25% of time; sitting ~75% of time).
- Position requires work in normal laboratory environment. Personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to anticipate and alleviate bottlenecks in workflow.
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to create and maintain daily staffing and workflow assignments.
- Ability to type 35/wpm.
- Demonstrated understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
Necessary Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 1+ years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Experience directly or indirectly managing or organizing workflow or departmental scheduling.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable: able to stay focused on a task and work independently without needing constant supervision; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build solid working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity directing and prioritizing workflow.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top